Friday 11 June 2010

And so it starts

I will be riding in less than an hour. I have done quite a few long challenges but nothing like this and it's proving a bit of a psych! I met one of the other woman riders this morning - Suzanne from Oregon - and she feels the same as me - nervous, emotional. She said she's never like it either so funnily reassuring that it's not just me feeling like this.

I don't know how often I will be able to update this blog but please keep your messages coming in I can pick them up on my iPhone and sometimes I will REALLY need them!

Just wanting to get down the trail now....

Cheers,
Heather

8 comments:

  1. Best of luck, and of course enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came to your blog via Ira Ryan's. Banff is a tough place to leave; so beautiful there. the mosquitos those are positively savage. As long as you have lots of Vitamin B in your system, they'll leave you alone. Hate the smell of it they do.
    Anyway, your adventure inspires a serious case of envy in us. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look to be going realy well. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Heather, good to see that you've made it through the Flathead place. Hopefully you'll also have skipped balletically past Swan Lake before you read this. You must however be gutted that you're missing the World Cup. I'll keep you informed of results....... Darb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, youre OFF, wheeee.
    This is the first time I've blogged,...is that a verb ? Good luck and keeping thinking of the tequilla sunrises waiting in mexico.
    Abrazos ! Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only that (virgin blogging) but I've just seen your spot, heather. Aaada girl !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you certainly achieved something unbelievable already I who said would never do this 'following' rubbish am now signed up! Couldn't miss out on such an amazing feat good luck Shel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allez allez. Go for it mate. watch out for them bears....

    ReplyDelete