Tuesday 8 June 2010

Not a bad view from the high street


I am in Banff and it is a great town in some beautiful mountains. Just about used to the time zone now. My bike is all ready to go and I think I will become alot less nervous when the start time finally arrives at 9am on Friday (4pm BST).
I have been spending a bit of time riding my bike and lots of time drinking coffee and eating cake. I think that will be turned on its head by the end of the week!
Thank you to everyone who has donated to my just giving page - over there on the right ;o)

5 comments:

  1. Hi H
    Hope you are nearly ready to get started. Both Alison and I have read Paul Howard's Two Wheels on my Wagon, so have a clue what you are in for!
    Hope all goes well and the bike and kit hold up.
    look forward to seeing you in Cham. Have you asked the organisers if you can do the UTMB on the bike?!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Morgan,
    Cheers (I am not thinking about UTMB just yet...)
    Say hello to Alison.
    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. H,
    Did you take our British summer with you by mistake? It's been 4 days straight riding in the rain here since you left :-( If it turns up when you pack for Friday just post it back... ;->

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck heather! i have been told that singing songs loudly to fend off bears is the way to go. it adds to the wacky headspace of riding solo for a month.

    tailwinds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello both,

    I took the British summer with me it is raining hard today. The forecast is better for the weekend though so hopefully it will be ok.

    My singing voice is going to be well used I think. I have given up asking people for tips about avoiding bears as it is generally contradictory. Instead I am now in Banff library looking for some books on the subject. A little objectivity is required I think.

    Cheers,
    H

    ReplyDelete